Hello again reader! With the change in climate we have to save more water now than ever. Saving water cannot help with the bills but also the environment so I applaud everyone to have a go. There are ten simple things you can do save water in your household.
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth, just put a bit of water on your brush before and after.
- Take shorter showers, 5 to 10-minute showers are what I recommend if you struggle with getting out just put an alarm on your phone.
- Get a low-flow shower head, this can also help with those who need longer showers
- When washing your clothes always have a full load so you get the most out of each wash as well as washing them with cold water.
- Use a jug instead of always going to the sink
- Install a water meter, so you know how much water you have been using. This also means you can limit yourself.
- Install a cistern-displacement device in your toilet tank so that the amount of water you use with each flush is reduced
- When in the kitchen don’t leave the water running when rinsing
- Always fill up your dishwasher and use shorter cycles.
- Finally, if possible, install a tank so you can save and store water. A small tank that is connected to your toilet and washing machine can save around 20,000L of water a year
Remember water is precious and we have to save as much as we can
Tamara Lee xoxo